According to the U.S. Census Bureau Y2K statistics (accuse me for being nostalgic but this is as good as it gets until 2010)
* 7 most common Americans surnames are Smith, Johnson, Williams, Brown, Jones, Miller or Davis.
* 4 million surnames are held by only one person.
* This can be very helpful when you are trying to guess someone name… with ~2,376,206 Smiths, I suggest Mr. Smith.
* This could be problematic when you are looking for Mary or James Smith and all you have is the name…
* Moti Karmona isn’t even there ;-)