I must admit I was really waiting for this shitty report and I hate the fact that I need to see this reports in shards (will be released in five consecutive daily segments) but it was worth waiting until now.
2008 Blogosphere statistics includes:
- 133 million blogs (indexed by Technorati since 2002) was 70 million last year… (The State of the Live Web, April 2007)
- 7.4 million blogs posted in the last 120 days
- 1.5 million blogs posted in the last 7 days (did you? ;-)
- 900,000 Blog posts in 24 hours = ~10 Blog posts per sec. (!!!) – Technorati claims that spam filtering have reduced the numbers they published last year (1.4 million blog posts per day)
- 66% of bloggers are male…
- 63% are ages 25 to 44
- 79% personal blogs
- 59% have been blogging for more than two years.
- 44% are parents
- … and with the mean annual revenue of $6K blogs are also claimed to be profitable (a.k.a. not mine)